Sunday, May 6, 2012

Could It Be True?



I was picking up my daughter from a birthday party the other day, when I was offered a piece of birthday cake, which I refused because of the obvious whip-cream frosting and my wretched lactose intolerance.

A woman who I had been talking to when the slice of luscious cake was offered, noticed the sad look on my face when the dessert left my sight and asked why I had refused something which I had so obviously wanted.  I told her about being lactose intolerant and how that meant that I had to say no to cream-based desserts.

And that's when she told me that her husband too is lactose intolerant but that he had learned that whip cream does not cause any symptoms!  Apparently, the sugars in dairy which cause lactose intolerance are missing in heavy cream.

I rushed home and did some internet sleuthing but I don't see anything which supports this woman's claim.

Does anyone have any idea about whether or not whip cream is indeed a food that lactose intolerant people can consume without fear or painful incident?

Let me know!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...