Monday, April 2, 2012

Lactose-Free Yogurts: A Joyous Discovery

I was walking down the dairy aisle of my local Whole Foods Market when I stumbled across the most amazing thing:



Lactose-free yogurts!!!  And they are even organic!  

I can not tell you the last time I had yogurt.... but I would put money on the fact that while I spooned it into my mouth,  I was wearing an Ally McBeal short skirt and a large blazer with shoulder pads.  Lactose-free items are starting to mainstream and I couldn't be happier or any more relieved.  One of my favorite recipes calls for a tub of plain yogurt and because of my lactose intolerance, I haven't been able to make it in years.  

I went to the Green Valley Organics website (click here to visit their site yourself) and found out that they also make Kefir drinks and lactose-free sour cream.  Their motto is No Lactose, No Worries.  

How marvelous is that!?!

But how did Green Valley Organics Lactose-Free Yogurt taste?  Like yogurt! 

And I am truly in yogurt heaven!


Zucchini with Yogurt and Fettuccine

Ingredients:
One box of dried fettuccine 
1 small container of plain Green Valley Organics Lactose-Free yogurt
4 large zucchinis 
small amount of olive oil
1 tsp of chopped garlic
1 tsp of dried basil
1/2 block of grated cheddar cheese

Cook fettuccine according to package
Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini into long strips and place into skillet, along with olive oil, garlic & basil
heat skillet and cook zucchini until warm and slightly limp (4-5 minutes)
drain pasta but return to pot
coat pasta with entire yogurt container
plate servings of pasta and sprinkle with grated cheese and healthy amount of zucchini mixture

Eat & Enjoy!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...